Fright Write Terms and Conditions
1. Entry to this competition is open to persons who will be aged between 6 and 14 years on the 14th October 2019 who are full time residents of the UK (including the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man) except the children or close relatives of Revolution 96.2 employees, the Spindles Town Square Shopping Centre or tenants, or the children or close relatives of any person closely connected with the competition.
2. Entries must be submitted by an adult (parent/guardian or teacher) on behalf of the child; this adult must have parental consent. This adult may be asked, with parental consent, to provide proof of age, identity and eligibility. Entry will be in two age categories – ages 6 to 10 years and 11 to 14 years.
3. Entrants must write a fictional short story/poem (no more than 600 words in length). Entry is via an online entry form available revolution962.com or at the Spindles Shopping Centre. The responsible adult submitting the story on behalf of the entrant, will be asked to provide the entrant’s name and their age and ensure that they have parental consent to do so.
4. All stories should be submitted in English.
5. We can only accept stories/poems which are 600 words.
6. Entry opens on Monday 14th October at 00:01. Entry closes on Friday 1st November 2019 at 09:00. Submissions received outside of this time frame will not, under any circumstances be considered, so we advise users not to wait until the last minute to submit entries.
7. Entrants can only enter individually. Only one entry per person is permitted and the story must be wholly written by the entrant only; stories cannot be written by more than one person. If more than one entry is submitted, only the entrant's first submission will be considered.
8. Entries must not contain defamatory, obscene, offensive, or any other unsuitable material; we reserve the right to disqualify entries containing such matter. Entries must be suitable to be broadcast, published or used online by the Revolution for audiences of all ages.
9. Entries will be judged on the following criteria:
10. The stories/poems will be judged by Revolution and Spindles Town Square management.
11. Prizes will be awarded to the 2 winners in each age category: Each winner will receive their story in Signature magazine, top 5 best selling children books from Waterstones, £25 The Works voucher and £25 The Entertainer voucher (no cash alternative).
12. The parents or guardians of the winners will be contacted by a member of the Revolution team on the 1st November.