Pupils rushed to hospital after inhaling dangerous substance at Saddleworth School

Three pupils have been rushed to hospital after inhaling a potentially dangerous substance at Saddleworth School on Monday (20th May) with staff saying they’re working to find out who supplied it.

It’s understood three ambulances were called to the school, in Uppermill, with the first being dispatched at around 8.25am following a number of pupils being taken ill.

It’s not known what the substance was the pupils had inhaled although it is thought to be linked with e-cigarettes with the school advising that it could be “potentially very serious.”

In a statement posted on the school’s website the Executive Headteacher Mr Milburn and Headteacher Mr Watson confirmed the incident: “A number of pupils have been taken ill due to the inhaling of a dangerous substance that appears to be in circulation in court community.”

Saddleworth School 1, cropped

“The substance in question has been added in an e-cigarette. The risks of taking such substances are obvious and potentially very serious.”

They’ve been in contact with police regarding what happened and also to try and work out who supplied the substance to the children.

“We would call upon everyone in our community to be vigilant and work together to help us track down how this dangerous substance is being distributed to children.”

“Parents and carers are asked to make it clear to their children that the consumption of such substances is harmful.”

“We are working with the police to track down those responsible. If you have any information that might help us stop the distribution of such a dangerous substance, please contact Mr Casey at school.”

 


Do you have a story for us? Want to tell us about something going on in Tameside, Oldham or Rochdale? Let us know by emailing news@revolution962.com , calling us on 0161 621 6515 , tweeting us @rev962 or messaging us through our Facebook page. All contact will be treated in confidence.

More from Revolution News