Tier 2 Restrictions explained
The government has placed Greater Manchester into the "Tier 2" level of Covid-19 restrictions. This includes Oldham, Rochdale and Tameside.
The Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced the restrictions to MPs on Monday 12 September. Tier 2 - the medium level - comprises of current national measures, including the rule of six and the 10pm curfew, as well as further restrictions.
Here is a summary of the latest restrictions:
- You cannot have people you do not live with in your home. (Unless they are in your bubble)
- You cannot visit anyone else’s house (Unless they are in your bubble)
- You cannot socialise with anyone outside your household or bubble in pubs, restaurants or any other indoor setting
- You can still meet up to six people in a private garden or public outdoor setting, like a park
- Businesses will not be told to close
- Social distancing, the 10pm curfew and all other rules are maintained
- All shops, schools and universities will remain open.
The new rules come into force on Wednesday 14th October.