The Firework Code
Here's the OFFICIAL Firework code. Be safe this bonfire night and have a fabulous time!
Children should watch fireworks at a safe distance and follow the safety rules for using sparklers.
Only adults should light fireworks and deal with firework displays. Make sure you dispose of used fireworks safely.
Follow these safety guidelines at your firework display:
- Only buy fireworks that comply with British Standard 7114 or its European equivalent. Instructions should be in English.
- Don’t drink alcohol if you're lighting fireworks.
- Keep fireworks in a closed box.
- Follow the instructions on each firework and be sure they're suitable for home use.
- Light fireworks at arm's length using a taper.
- Stand well back.
- Never go near a firework that has been lit. If it hasn’t yet gone off, it could still explode.
- Never throw fireworks or put them in your pocket.
- Always supervise children around fireworks.